Combination of photographic elements:

The repeat here doesn't quite match up but the effect is shown.
Does it work as well for my other patterns? Another vector image that I feel worked particularly well, and a pattern that I would be happy to include in the final presentation is that of the eye drawn in illustrator. I have therefore tried this, replacing it as a photographic cut out:




Well this is certainly repellant but it isn't appealing! The difficulty with this project is proving to be finding the correct balance between the two. I feel that one of the problems that causes this to be less efficient is that the palette of colour within the original image are not harmonious. If I were to take an image myself, without the blue and of a brown eye then the colours will come from a more limited spectrum, all being warm colours. I believe that this will help to make the overall pattern more visually appealing, before realising its components.
So I didn't make a decision. However, I have gone some way to resolving the issues that the use of photograph presents. I will take the suggested course of action of rephotographing the eye and making the pattern from this. I will also be able to bear in mind these points when taking my own photographs and selecting which to use from external sources. I do believe that the photographic imagery is worth pursuing. It offers something different, in that it is more unusual and does not invoke such a retro feel. It is definitely has a higher level of visual interest.
No comments:
Post a Comment