Combining elements in pattern


Showing how photographs can be used as the image used in a repeat pattern. Peggy Cole - vintage microphones


Kitchen utensils. Interesting colours and textures. Dominic Crinson


More kitchen utensils! Well, everyday objects. Shows how the use of line drawings can be combined and overlapped to create such interest Emily Alston


Interesting use of lines to break up the motif. Carina Lago Gonzales 'Ice cream'


Again with the stripes. I really like this. I think because of its simplicity and the juxtaposition between the two styles. Sarah Devey



Nice layering with use of different textures. Sarah Devney 'Dollies and Dreams'


Interesting for me that this is called a pattern, seemingly without a repeat element. Again looking at the layering of different kinds of media. Clare Perkins


I find the way that the different motifs are combined here to be very alluring. The extreme differences in scale add interest. I like that it is not necessarily immediately obvious what it is that you are looking at. This is helped by the tonal similarity between the ducks and background, so the eye does not see them in this way, with the ducks dominating, it does not know which to look at in terms of hierachy. Vicky Graham 'Mary Poppins Dissected'



Just so brilliantly retro! Rachel Cave

No comments:

Post a Comment