
Whilst this is a relatively common infection (others might include athlete's foot, headlice, ringworm), it is certainly not something that is constant nor present at all times. One area of research that I could go down to further this route would be some more extreme examples of infections, for example the candiru, known colloquially as the 'penis fish'. There have been cases of the fish entering the urethra of both males and females and, due to its backward pointing barbs, and swelling in size as it gorges on your blood, is both painful and difficult to remove.

However, I wanted to look into things that are present in the majority of people for the majority of the time. For now I have continued with the skin theme...

Staphylococcus epidermidis is the bacteria present on all human skin. It is also as a result of this bacteria that sweat smells. So this is repellant in both the idea of a bacteria existing on our skins, the infections it causes and the smell of body odour.
No comments:
Post a Comment